[Dailydrool] Choices

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 04:42:38 PST 2019

As some of you may know, I am rather a fanatic about dental health care.
Due to Bugsey's sensitive tummy, we can only feed oravet chews three times
a week. So, I have been searching for the perfect dental chew for the other
4 days. I am somewhat limited by food allergies and intolerances. There are
still plenty of choices. So, I decided to give the crew a choice of which
type they get. It is rather funny. I put three in my hand and fan them out
like cards. Then I show them to Beauford. He is very decisive and grabs his
and takes it to his crate. Bugsey gets in his crate and turns around and I
show them to him. He sniffs each one and very obviously bumps the one he
wants. I hand it to him. Browyn is harder to read she looks at each one and
just stops over the one she wants. I then throw it in her afternoon nap
time donut bed. If I read wrong she gets very anxious and starts licking
her lips. She is easy to figure out though because she usually wants the
same chew. Beauford always wants a different chew, but he is rather partial
to the green ones. Bugsey is rather partial to the easier to chew ones,
which makes sense because his autoimmune disorder has done a real number on
the chewing muscles.The one Browyn likes is brown and small. An interesting
thing, at least in my mind is that size does not seem to matter to them
near as much as smell. Just to keep it interesting, I have offered a choice
on oravet day and included the oravet chew and they pick that one every
time. It makes me feel less guilty about making them have that chew on
Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It really is proven to soften tartar and keep
it at bay. It has really decreased how often I have to do real cleanings on
them. With full disclosure adding that I do brush teeth most days with CET
toothpaste and a human toddler's toothbrush. Just one of those interesting
things I have noticed.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess