[Dailydrool] Speak to the Drool

Riche Churchill ninedogs04 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 7 20:45:01 PDT 2019

As the Drool submissions subside, I become more depressed, and I know you don't want that for me. A lot of you are, I assume, mostly doing facebook instead, but I know most of you check in on the Drool fairly frequently to see if there's anything going on. Let's get something ON! I admit to prejudice; I don't do facebook. It scares me and I'm also a mite too dumb to cope with it... beings as how I'm barely computer literate. Besides, I've heard there sometimes are nasty things said and that would cause moisture in my nether regions. So. If you have something to say on fb (see, I'm learning already!), perhaps you can also post it, at least sometimes, to the Drool. Kind things, of course. Questions on care. Bragging about your dog(s)... or complaining.
Meanwhile:
Most of you get the Bugle Notes and in the last one there was a list of helpful hints for dealing with grief over the loss of a beloved pet. They were some help, but tonight I remembered a poem I published many years ago (I didn't write it) titled "Where To Bury A Dog." And, also tonight, I suddenly remembered how right that poem was and that the place mentioned is exactly where all of mine ARE. It was immensely comforting. I am past the crying stage, the sudden burst of pain and tears, and have found where all of mine are buried, especially the one I lost a few months ago. In my heart. All I have to do is look in there, and there he is (and there they are)! And I smile and say Hi. I still love you.
Riche Churchill
ninedogs04 at yahoo.com
Uh oh, guess am not completely past the crying stage...