[Dailydrool] Dale checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 10 11:55:10 PDT 2019

Hi all, Dale here,
First off Snoopy and Chomper are doing great.  They bring me a lot of joy, I am so in love with each other.  Always together ..... always touching.  We are enjoying cool evenings and ready to fire up the fireplace.
As for rabies testing ...... not in California Bev.  Or rather, not that we know of.  In my city we are told that it is illegal to bury a dead animal in the ground, due to fear of spread of disease.  Pet owners have 2 options, they can either make arrangements for the remains themselves (through a vet, undertaker, what have you) or .... they can bag up the remains and set them out at the curb where they will be collected and responsibly disposed of free of charge by animal services upon being notified.  I guess it's possible that they test the remains that come in, but I can't say.  On the other hand, EVERY animal that bites and breaks the skin must be quarantined  for rabies, no exceptions.  Apparently the test kills them, so unless they are already dead they quarantine.
I am struggling to stay positive toward a co-worker ....... who went out and purchased a d at mb beagle pup from a breeder.  I asked him a ton of questions when he told me his plans ...... he told me it was a responsible breeder who wouldn't release the pup before 12 weeks ..... had a strict contract which required surrender back to her if things went wrong.  Then he told me the week before last that after SIX weeks of living with the pup his wife was tired of him peeing in the house and chewing things he shouldn't and planned to GIVE HIM AWAY!!  I really flipped ..... I was begging him ... no no ..... at least take him back to the breeder!!  If you can believe it, the man told me "oh yeah, I forgot about that."  I HAVE managed to convince him he has an obligation to return the dog to the breeder and he told me today his wife has reached out to the woman.  There isn't one good thing I can say about any of this.
the drool is strangely quiet nowadays.  I don't do facebook either .... it's evil .... just this week they ran a $1M advertising campaign that all of the major networks (including FOX News even) refused to run because it was blatantly false.  I won't participate.
I have a wonderful picture which I plan to use for the holiday card and so I can't put it up on my site.  It is time to upload some others though so I will do that and let you all know.
Best,Dale