[Dailydrool] The Ugly C Word

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 08:03:49 PDT 2019

Hi All. Jennifer here with an update on Beauford. He has anal gland cancer.
I took him back on Tuesday and the vet was able to aspirate the mass. He
was hoping it would be all inflammatory cells, but it wasn't. So, he sent
it off to the pathologist. Last night he called and said the pathology
report said there were cells consistent with a carcinoma. Let's just say I
didn't sleep great last night. This morning, Beauford was starved and had
to go in for x-rays on an empty stomach. We got lucky. Nothing showed up on
the x-rays. So, it hasn't spread all over creation. The next step is to do
an ultra sound of the lymph nodes. As long as there aren't any enlarged
ones we are better off than if there are. Meanwhile, I have to figure out
if I want to do surgery or radiation on him. The vet is going to do some
research and get back with me, but I would love some guidance from my
fellow Droolers. Mostly I am wondering if anyone else out there has dealt
with this and what they did and the outcome. I would also like to know what
anyone has done to improve the dog's ability to fight the cancer via
nutrition and/or suppliments. Thanks in advance for any info ya'll are
willing to share.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess