[Dailydrool] The Daily Drool is Forever the Best!

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Sun Oct 13 15:48:58 PDT 2019

Thanks to Richie for reminding us that the Drool must not be neglected.
Thanks to Lois for that outstanding poem.  I shed tears with that one....

We have had five bassets and when we our last basset, Browser passed at the
age of 14, about two years ago, my husband and I both agreed that as
seniors, he would be our last.  We had rescued a Shih Tzu, Sprite about
three years before Browser died.  We believed for us, smaller was probably
best at our ages.

Well, along came an opportunity to rescue a 3 year old small Basset,
Nellie, from Carolina Basset Rescue.  Nellie was only 35 pounds and we
literally "drooled" over her pictures, as we live in Miami and had no
chance to see her.  Her wonderful foster family sent us pictures and videos
and we were no longer "seniors"!

Well Nellie has been with us for almost a year now and we treasure this
beautiful and so sweet little girl.

I decided to share with you the poem Nellie "wrote" a few months after
being with us:

Hope this gives you Droolers a laugh....

*I luvs my parents and my bruther Sprite I's well behaved and sleeps thru
the nite*

*My crate is comfy and is mys refuge space Right next to it is my comfy bed
in place*

*I's learned to give the signal to go to the outside door And have not had
an accident on the floor.*

*My's yard has lots of trees and a deck to roam With a fence all round but
why would I want to even leave home?*

*Mys food is delish and I evens get some organic chicken breast Mys Miami's
place sure does pass the test*

*I's thanks you all with this my own poem For finding me my forever
home!!!!🐕*

Sally Russell