[Dailydrool] Walking two

Mary Wilson mary.gabriola at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 18:26:30 PDT 2019

I walk Simba (notabasset... he is a Taiwanese rescue) and Paddi together
calmly, but they are 15 and 13 respectively, so moderately calm.

When Paddi was young her partner was Billy B Basset, a very strong and
enthusiastic youngster who took big chunks of my heart with him when he
died aged about four. The ONLY way I could walk the two of them was by
deliberately crossing their leashes. They both pulled like steam engines
and when they were entangled they yanked on each other instead of me.

They also had to learn the command, “no torpedo!” Their habit was to launch
themselves off the top step to the sidewalk without landing on the steps
between. It was a kind of launch maneuver that had me just about airborne a
couple of times. And yes, I would give a lot to need that command now.
--
Mary Wilson
(250) 325-9020