[Dailydrool] Walking dogs.

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 14:10:46 PDT 2019

While we lived in NC (9 years), two of us walked 4 Bassets using flexi-leashes.  We referred to it as “Basset Weaving”.  We often swapped a dog as a nose went in a different direction. Our typical walk was around the block of our neighborhood.  Periodically, especially on hot or rainy days, the dogs would decide they were done and stop on the sidewalk.  I would take the 4 leashes, lock the length to keep them off the road and DH would run back for the Element.  Our neighbors thought it was hilarious.  One time when DH was in the hospital for a while and I foolishly walked 3 hounds By myself (one stayed home).  A squirrel went by.  It lived, but my rotator cuff didn’t make out so well.
Now that we are in NH, we have a very large fenced yard.  The hounds are older.  The 3 mobile ones prefer to go out the dog door at their leisure and sniff around.  Or... lay on the grass and enjoy the breeze.

Sent from my iPad