[Dailydrool] Chippy

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 02:41:35 PDT 2019

All the talk about Go Bags and First Aid kits reminds me that all our dogs
should be chipped. Please have ID Chips put in your dogs and register the
number with the responsible company. This last step is incredibly important
because unless the number is registered someplace it doesn't do any good at
all.
 And as someone who has dealt with this in the past I cannot begin to tell
you how crushing it is to find that the perfectly wonderful dog the nice
Cop brought in is going to be euthanized simply because the owner never
registered the chip and now the dog is just another stray, another problem,
another statistic.
This is a serious problem and I have had experienced dog owners ask me what
good it does to chip their dogs when only they know the number, not
realising that the numbers have to be sent to the company, or AKC Reunite,
or whatever is running currently.
(And in passing I will tell the story of one of my dogs, notabasset, who
was tattooed --long time ago when that was all we had--- and I had a
sticker on the car saying the dog was tattooed. So one day I come out of
the store and there is a young man hanging around the car and he wants to
know, seriously now, "What kind of a tattoo do you put on a dog?" I wanted
so badly to say it was a tattoo of a hot bitch, but I didn't.(It was his
AKC registration number.) That still makes me laugh.

MomPerson to MertaLou and Doc

(The tattoo, by the way was basically useless since it was on his belly and
the idea of a stranger rolling him over to check for a tatt was hilarious.)