[Dailydrool] Howling

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 17 18:27:26 PDT 2019

I suspect howling serves different purposes.  Our late Harley ATB would howl along with certain songs and recording artists.  He would do background vocals whenever The Beach Boys were on the radio (not too frequently).  Harley couldn’t resist joining into the chorus when they sang Oooh. Ooh Oooh. And he was a joyous hound.
Mariah howls the way a wolf does.  when other dogs in the neighborhood bark if they are at a distance and she can’t see them, she lifts her snout and sings “my pack is here”.  sometimes Mila will join her.  IPo never does.
and Mariah howls when car alarms go off.  Not fire sirens.  Loud car alarms—the OOO-EEE, OOO-EEE OOO-EEE kind.  I have no explanations for that one.