[Dailydrool] Howling

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 16 09:56:11 PDT 2019

Hi all, Snoopy here,
I am an expert in all things howling, as I am a bell hound.  You need a bell hound, you know.  It sounds as though you can use a horned musical instrument if you don't have a bell hound, but a bell hound (like myself) is preferable.
We have never ever had a foster leave our home (or stay for that matter) without learning to howl.  It's required.  They show up, sans howl, then I work with them.  Chomper can howl now ..... but he hasn't got much of a dewlap, and you need a nice big dewlap to howl deeply, so he has a high pitched howl, which frankly sounds ridiculous but the boy is doing his best, what can you do?
I have taught most of the dogs in the neighborhood to howl over the years ...... labrador retrievers, corgies ...... my best effort was the boxer around the corner, let me tell you .... you haven't lived until you've heard a boxer howl!
In other news I am doing well, had a nice walk yesterday ...... actually ..... it's time for my mid morning nap.
More later from Snoopy who naps quite a bit these days.