[Dailydrool] Howling

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 19:45:38 PDT 2019

Suzy is our bell hound. For years, she's the one who starts the tune and
the rest follow. Jersey ATB never really learned to howl and the mastiffs
were clueless and didn't know quite what to do when the chorus started.
Jersey and mastiff Brutus ATB would kind of huff along while Suzy, Ginger
ATB and Shadow sang the song of their people. The other mastiff, Sasha ATB,
just looked at everyone like they were nuts. My daughter has a mutt named
Kramer now who is a howler and will howl when he hears sirens so there have
been quite a few times when the herd is outside and they've serenaded the
whole neighborhood. It took Toby a while before he joined in but he adds
his lovely baritone voice to the chorus now. I'm not sure how my neighbors
feels about the howling but I love hearing them.

The hounds are sending lots of healing drool to Dexter and everyone who
needs it. I sure hope whatever they're seeing is just some inflammation
because of the infection.

Jane, Toby & the Houndettes
Shadow & Suzy