[Dailydrool] Xander the coffee hound

Michele SZ wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 23 11:39:37 PDT 2019

Hello drool family.  I hope that everyone is doing well.  Things at the farm have slowed down just a little as the garden produce has slowed. Only a few cucumbers and hot peppers are left. Soon we we will start our Autumn chores and preparing the farm for winter. Seth and Xander are doing well. It has still been to hot for walks, (90+ degree)so they are not happy about that. Hopefully we will be back to walking around the farm again soon. So little story. Yesterday hubby and I cut hound toenails. We take them out onto the front porch to do this, so one dog is in the house while hubby is holding and belly rubbing, while I cut nails on the other one. Seth was 1st up, leaving Xander (my normally good boy) in the house. Hubby left his cup of coffee on the end table next to the couch. Once Seth’s nails were done Hubby took him back inside. Well the temptation was to great, so there was Xander up on the couch and front paws up on the end table slurping up the coffee. I don’t think that Hubby’s “bad dog” was very effective considering he was fighting laughter. Xander said that the coffee was so good and it was worth the couple of Bad Dog chastising that he got. Virtual hugs and healing drool to any that need it.
Michele Momma to Xander and Seth
Howling Hound Acres
Sent from my iPawPad