[Dailydrool] Armadillos!

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 19:22:32 PDT 2019

Hi all! Browyn the Fairy Princess here. Things have been very boring around
here lately. So, the mom hasn't been typing wild stories about us, but the
other day we had a HUGE adventure. No, I didn't escape. I didn't have to.
Two armadillos invaded the backyard. Well, I noticed them first and ran to
them and barked my head off at them while I planned my attack. You see
armadillos are completely different than the usual rodentia we get like
squirrels, chipmunks, bunnies. We also get birds. I have hunted and killed
all of the above. I even got a rat once. But, digress. Dad came out to
check on us because, well, I was barking my head off. I finally figured out
how to make my move and I grabbed hold of one of the armadillos! Dad
screamed for mom to help him. She managed to get Bugsey in first, which
really is a first. When I grabbed the one armadillo, the other armadillo
attempted to attack me. Beauford was scared of the armadillos, but he
didn't want to leave me alone either. Once he saw Dad was going to protect
me, he ran for the hills, well maybe he ran for his momma. Dad was yelling
at me to let go of the armadillo and he was trying to get the other
armadillo away from me. He picked me up, it helps to be small, and I still
didn't let go of the armadillo. Dad was yelling at me to drop it. I said
not on your life. Then he swung me and the armadillo around and the
armadillo dropped to the ground! Mom ran out and grabbed me from dad and
ran for the house. Dad was left alone to get the armadillos out of the yard
and make sure they can't get in the yard again. Mom set me down on the
couch and gave me a lecture about scaring her half to death, making her run
and listed all the diseases armadillos carry. She told me to leave the
filthy creatures alone. I really wish I had gotten a good piece to see if
armadillos are worth eating, but I only managed to grab the shell. Just for
future notice, armadillos fight hard and mean. I was really luck I wasn't
injured. I think mom told me that about a billion times. Okay, maybe only a
hundred. So, you really need to think twice before attacking them. Having
said that, if they get in the yard again, I will defend my yard again and
attempt to add one to my mighty kill list! Peace out!
Browyn the Fairy Princess with her chicken brothers Beauford and Bugsey and
her mom with a few more gray hairs, Jennifer