[Dailydrool] Lymphoma advice needed

Molly Thompson mthompson5922 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 12:00:53 PDT 2019

Hi Tecia,

So sorry to hear about Lawly Pop (love the name).

My Tucker had lymphoma. We opted to go with chemo for a while. We did a
round of the CHOP protocol.  After discussion with our really nice vet,
we decided to keep going with the pred. for a while until he passed. I
believe it did extend his life, but he had the type of lymphoma that was
throughout the internal organs.In fact, his lymph nodes were really not
too swollen.

Dogs handle the chemo really well. He was never sick or even really
tired. He just barked the entire time he was at the vet on treatment
days! I do miss my boy still a lot.

I believe he was relatively happy throughout the whole thing. Dogs are
amazing.

The AKC has a nice page on canine lymphoma -
https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/health/lymphoma-in-dogs-symptoms-diagnosis-and-treatment/

Good luck and paws are crossed that this is just an infection.

Molly Thompson