[Dailydrool] Dogs and dogs

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 00:20:20 PDT 2020

Yesterday with big storms headed our way I gave Doc the prescribed
anti-thunder-terror drugs, a combo of Trazadone and Gabapentin. It didn't
knock him out but made him very loopy and dull and he went into his crate
and stayed there for several hours.
Merta Lou has noted the change in him and became extremely concerned, and
for several of those hours she lay outside the open door of his crate,
facing him, watching. Standing guard? Not sure what she thought-- I never
am, with her--- but she seemed almost protective. He does kind of look out
for her and I remembered how Cooper would fly to Llewis if he yelped for
any reason, ready to even the odds.
I did not like the effect of the drugs on Doc and am not sure I will do
that again. They last about 12 hours according to the Vet. Merta Lou stood
down as soon as Doc was up and went outside again. She is a good girl.
MomPerson to MertaLou and Doc