[Dailydrool] NICK'S ADVENTURES - The Tornado

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Mon Apr 13 17:17:27 PDT 2020

Hi Everybody - Nick Here!

Boy, have I been busy!  I knew something was up when Dad gave us all a bath
on Thursday.  On Friday morning we got up real early and went to another dog
show.  We packed up all of our stuff (I took my favorite toys), put that
funny little house behind the van, and drove for 2693 hours.  When we
finally got there, all of us bassets got to play outside for a long time.
The next morning, Mom got me up at 6:00 AM .. I said "WHAT IS GOING ON?!".
You know us bassets like to sleep at least until 7:00 AM!

Anyway, she made me get up on that table, she ground my toes off, she
cleaned my ears, she brushed my teeth, she used that yucky stripping comb on
me, and she even brushed me with a STONE!!  Then, she didn't even give me my
breakfast!!   She put that funny collar on me and we had to go walk around
the big square again.  I showed her . I rolled over on my back for the nice
man to give me a belly rub!  He laughed!  Mom DID NOT laugh!  She DID NOT
look happy!  She WAS  NOT happy!  She said I may never get to eat again!  I
told her I was sorry and gave her kisses . she forgave me and kissed me too!
I thought everything was going to be ok!

We went back to our trailer and Mom's cell phone rang right after she gave
me breakfast.  Then, all of a sudden, Mom, Dad and Granny Pat started
rushing around and we went home.  I didn't understand . I thought we were
going to get to walk around the square again the next day!  On the way home,
it was really scary!  It rained really hard, there was wind 293849560145
miles a minute and the sky kept lighting up!  When we finally got home it
was even scarier!  Somebody had trashed my yard!  My big elm tree was laying
on the ground.  My fence was torn down.  My pine tree was in the driveway.
Our fireplace were Mom makes us hotdogs was crushed!  A tornado had hit our
yard .. luckily my house was safe!

So, this week I have been helping Dad clean up the mess.  He won't let me
use the chainsaw but he does let me pick up sticks.  I really like to climb
up on top of my tipped over tree and sit on its roots.  They have lots of
good smells!  If anyone needs firewood, just give me a call.  I will trade
firewood for dog treats!

Slurps,

Nick