[Dailydrool] Slobberfest 2020

Angelika angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 27 13:30:56 PDT 2020

Slobberfest Live or Virtual?
The Coronid-19 virus has affected our lives in many ways, but the most recognizable is quarantine. With a vaccine not coming until next year and social distancing being the main way we keep ourselves and others safe we must ask ourselves;

If the quarantine for PA has been lifted by July 11, 2020
and we are allowed to gather again in larger numbers,
then the question changes from "Can we?" to "Should we?"

As we, at DBHR, consider our options and the risk to our volunteers and supporters, our answer is No. It saddens our hearts because we miss you all greatly, but we must keep your safety in mind, therefore we have sadly decided to change our yearly fundraiser from a live in-person event to an online "Virtual Slobberfest" event.

Virtual Slobberfest 2020
Although there are a lot of things we won't be able to do in a virtual Slobberfest that we would have done in our live event, there are still a few things we would like to continue.
 ---------
BASSETARIAN
Judy is already hard at work on this year's Bassetarian Sculpture! We will be revealing it as soon as she get's it done to give you an idea of what you will be working toward!

What is a Bassetarian, you ask?A Bassetarian is ANYONE who raises money to donate to Droopy Basset Hound Rescue. Each year at Slobberfest, we celebrate all of our Bassetarians by holding a competition to see who has raised the most money.

1st Place receives a one-of-a-kind Clanimalzoo trophy (like the one shown here from last year) valued at $500.00
2nd & 3rd place will also receive a prize (TBD)!
----------
COSTUME CONTEST
We will be setting up an online poll with voting for your favorite dog in costume. We will ask you to send us a picture of your dog in costume, we will put all of the pictures on a Google Forms ballot and send out the link by newsletter and ask all of you to vote for the best costume.
----------
T-SHIRTS
We still plan to sell T-Shirts!! Judy is hard at work coming up with the design, and as soon as she does, we'll let you know!!

We will be requiring you to pre-order your shirts, but don't do it yet... we'll send you a link when we are ready.
RAFFLES
Although we don't know yet what we will raffle off, nor how many raffles we will have... We are planning to offer something fun to take a chance on to win!

PLEASE STAND BY FOR MORE INFORMATION!

We plan to get as creative as possible to keep the FUN in this Virtual Slobberfest FUNdraiser. So keep an eye out on your email, our website and facebook page... we'll keep you updated as we come up with our brilliant ideas!!

www.droopybassetrescue.com
Angelika
Sent from my iPhone