[Dailydrool] Our beloved Dudley

Joanna Schofer joannaschofer at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 14 14:15:30 PDT 2020

I don’t post often, but I just wanted to pay tribute to our lovely Basset Dudley.  He was diagnosed with liver disease over 3 years ago.  He had been under a vet’s care on meds, vitamins and a special diet.  He was doing great.  A couple of months ago he vomited just twice in a week, and I took him in right away.  We put him back on meds after doing blood tests.  They didn’t seem much worse than 3 years ago, but they were not showing any improvement.   I thought he was getting better even though he was being super picky about his home made food, but he would still happily eat treats.  He was always a picky eater.
He had a great week.
Then he came inside to lie down.  When we checked on him about 15 minutes later, he was dead.  It was so sudden.  The vet think his liver just wasn’t working.  He was such a silly dog.  He loved everyone and was very in your face.  He was such a cuddly dog.  He was a rescue from the Calgary Basset Rescue, and he was between 11 and 12 when he died.  Just not long enough.
We are very sad and are now dogless☹
Hug your hounds for us.
Joanna

Sent from Mail for Windows 10