[Dailydrool] NICK'S ADVENTURES - The Big Digger

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Wed Apr 15 14:28:47 PDT 2020

Hi Everybody - Nick Here!

Well, I finally found out what all the fuss was about Nationals . there were
about 2146987516 bazillion

bassets there!  I tried to meet every one of them and invited them all to
our doggie condominiums by our trailer.  I even made Mom and Granny Pat put
out our Red Bay banner so everyone could find me.  And it worked!  People
would come up to our set up and say "Where's Nick?"!  It was so much fun!

On Monday, I was entered in a Specialty Show.  I placed in my class and got
a pretty ribbon.   Mom was proud of me and I got to go in the trailer and
sleep on the bed.  On Wednesday, I was entered in the 9 - 12 month puppy dog
class.  Mom was not too proud of me that day . I had a bad case of the puppy
butt wiggles. Every time Mom tried to stack me, I would wiggle and sit down.
I tried to tell her she was tickling me but she wouldn't

listen.  She threatened to "make me sing soprano" . what does that mean?  I
just laughed at her and gave her

a big kiss.  When I very bravely went up on the ramp, I let the nice judge
pet me and then I gave her a big Nick kiss too when she looked at my teeth.
She thought it was funny but Mom was not amused!

My sister Fancy was in the girl dog, 9 - 12 month class.  She was a VERY
good girl and got a really neat-o

ribbon and plate.  Then on Friday, a nice lady came over and I thought she
wanted to see me . but she wanted to see Fancy!  Anyway, now my sister Fancy
is going to live in Texas with her new mom, Sally, and learn how to do
tracking, obedience and conformation.  Maybe I am glad I didn't win a plate
. I might have had to move to Texas too!

On Friday night, a nice lady named Sylvie brought Phoebe to see me.  Phoebe
and I fell in love and we played and played and played!  Phoebe smelled
really good . I think she put on some perfume before she came to see me.
Phoebe's mom REALLY watched me play with Phoebe . I don't think she trusted
me to be a

gentleman!

Nationals were lots of fun . but I need to rest up for a week now!

Slurps,

Nick