[Dailydrool] 2 unrelated topics

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 04:51:23 PDT 2020

First, the original drool is still my favorite source of advice, laughter and compassion for Basset slaves.

Grief with hounds:  11 years ago we lost our (not-a-basset) Cysco, at almost 14.  Gallagher and MacKenzie were puppies and worshipped his big Golden brother for the last year and a half of Cysco’s life.  They snuggled with him all the time.  After he passed, they tried to befriend every tall golden dog they met on walks or at our dog park and this  seemed to make them happier.  Last month, when MacKenzie passed, I wasn’t sure how Gallagher would handle it. He tolerates the other 2 Bassets, but MacKenzie was the boss girl and she was always here for him.  He would start the song and she would follow.  She still played.  He seems better after a few weeks, not quite himself but better. Time is the best cure.
GasX:  My go-to for Mulligan.  Thankfully, whenever she starts frantically running around the house licking any dust (or fur pieces) off the floor and running outside for grass - I pop a GasX into her and she calms right down.  It’s miraculous and I learned of this miracle from this group.

Sent from my iPad