[Dailydrool] Escape through the jungle

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 11:11:56 PDT 2020

Dis is Guinness, da butt draggin’ hound.  Today I really scared da momma.  I was outside, minding my own bizness when I see da momma and da daddy by the orange box on wheels.  I announced myself and Dey wuz shocked!  No biggy, I wuz in da flowers, what da big deal???  But it wuz hot and I wanna go inside da houzz.  Momma and daddy got my wheels and put me in dem.  Den I walked to the stairs and daddy took me outta da wheels and carried me up da stairs.  I is very tired.

This is the momma.  I about had a heart attack when we heard Guinness crying (the happy kind of crying when he is happy to see us).  The thing is, Guinness is paralyzed in the rear.  He only goes outside if we carry him and put him in his wheels.  He decided to drag his butt to the dog door, down the ramp (with sand strips to keep paws from sliding), across the pebbled “pee” area, the lawn and then into the wildflowers, all the way to the fence and then back.  He was almost to the sharper stones when I stopped him.  He left his belly band pretty far behind.  I was sitting on the front porch reading, not hearing a thing while he was escaping. He is a tough cookie and now quite proud of himself.  I just don’t want this to happen if we are not home, or its bad weather, the middle of the night.  The little turd!  But, it was Guinness being Guinness, not the poor paralyzed hound.

Sent from my iPad