[Dailydrool] Samantha Jane

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 4 09:54:36 PDT 2020

Hi it's Dale,
I swear I'm going to need therapy over this dog!!  She gave me ANOTHER heart attack yesterday.  She had a recurrence of skin cancer removed last Wednesday.  Well, she has been wearing her blow up collar, and also a tee shirt because she is a long dog.  I have been checking her incision 2x a day (peaking under the shirt and/or changing the shirt).  Yesterday morning she was fine.  Tiny bit of mostly clear fluid, no concerns.  I checked again around 4pm ..... mostly just quick check as I had changed her shirt in the morning, and it was fine.  OMG.  It was NOT fine.
Just from morning to afternoon it had all gone horribly sideways.  It was BAD.  Slimy, smelly, colored discharge, swelling of the incision.  I ran for the phone, the vet said they were booked up so I begged .... they agreed to squeeze her in .... I raced for the vets office.
Long story short they cleaned her up and put her on antibiotics and said they think she'll be fine.  The incision smells better this morning and still looks fairly clean.
I'm STILL shaking ... maybe I don't drink enough wine.  That's it, I think I need more wine.  I believe Debbie Winchester would certainly agree!
Sigh.Dale
PS .... keep an eye on those incisions, even when they seem to be doing fine.