[Dailydrool] NICK'S ADVENTURES - HELPING MOM BE SICK

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Tue Aug 11 19:17:01 PDT 2020

Hi Everybody --- Nick Here!

On Tuesday morning a strange thing happened ... my mom HOPPED out of bed
bright and early and was SMILING!   Now, I know this may not sound strange
to all of you but at my house it is really strange.  My mom is NOT a morning
person .... in fact she is not even a noon person!   But on Tuesday she was
singing "Last day of school, last day of school ... just 7 more hours, just
7 more hours!" when she hopped out of bed.  So, being the smart basset I am,

figured that when mom came home we would PARTY !!!!

Welllll.... let me tell you ... that is NOT what happened.  About 4:00 PM my
mom came careening into the driveway, squealed to a stop, bolted from the
van, staggered to the bathroom and made really ucky noises over the big
water dish.  Of course, Morey and Abby and I had to go see what was going
on.  So ... as mom had her head in our big water bowl, we were all pushing
each other out of the way to help her.  Abby was on her left ... oooo, Abby
you have yuck on you!   Morey was on her right ... oooo Morey ... look out!
I couldn't get to mom so I climbed up her back!!!  Then dad had to butt his
big nose in and made us all leave mom alone while she was communing at the
water bowl.

Well, mom went to the bedroom then.  I have never seen mom this particular
shade of green before.  Now, my mom looks good in green ... she has red hair
and green eyes ... kind of like Christmas ... but this green was NOT good.
Mom took off her ucky clothes and dad whisked them off to the washing
machine.  Mom crawled into bed and laid there moaning and groaning.  Of
course, I had to see if she needed anything, so I got up on the bed and
licked her face ... well, maybe I jiggled the bed a little too ... but
anyway ... she jumped out of bed and went back to the bathroom at warp
speed!  YUCK!   I waited for her in bed.  When she came back to bed, I
sniffed her and it was not good!   Poor mom ... she felt ucky ... she looked
ucky and  ...  she smelled ucky.

Dad made me leave mom alone ... mom slept for 7921057987 bizzillion hours
and on

Wednesday she didn't even get dressed or eat anything.  Finally, on
Wednesday night she came out and laid on the couch and I got to snuggle.
Thank goodness she brushed her teeth!   I hope she is better later ... she
has to bake pies on Thursday!!!

Slurps,

Nick