[Dailydrool] Tails of Woe

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 12:06:22 PDT 2020

I had no idea that so many Bassets had tail issues, but very happy that their slaves did right by them, with whatever solution their situation required.  Miss MacKenzie (ATB), a mostly black tri-color, had an all black tail - with about 3 tiny white fur pieces at the end.  In the high grasses, we could never see her tail.  Gallagher, with his nice white tip, was easy to see.  We had to watch for the swaying grasses to figure out where MacKenzie was.  She never stopped wagging that tail.  Guinness, has a wonderful big white tip on his tail, but being paralyzed can no longer wag it.  These days he’s usually sitting on it as he drags his butt around the house.  I just heard from my sister that the not-a-Basset cousin, Delilah (aka Miss Deli) went to the bridge this week.  She was a Bernese Mountain Dog, kind of short for the breed with a big white marking on her face and not a show girl like previous Berner’s in the family.  She was the softest and sweetest girl.  MacKenzie liked her a lot - they had the same markings so they were sistas.  We referred to MacKenzie as a - Bernese Mountain Basset Hound, as we called her.  Deli was only 10 when she passed, which is pretty common with that breed.  So the Bassets here are slinging lots of healing drool for their Auntie, as she mourns her beautiful girl AND takes her only child off to college for the first time!  I just know that MacKenzie and Deli are romping around the bridge together again.

Julie Canny and the Hounds of NH