[Dailydrool] NICK'S ADVENTURES - THE CHOCOLATE PIE CAPER

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Fri Aug 14 11:02:41 PDT 2020

Hi Everybody -- Nick Here!

Thursday ... mom was feeling a little better and HAD to get those pies
baked.  Abby, Morey and I were home with her to keep her company and help in
any way we could.  Usually, we help her by laying in the various spots
throughout the kitchen and impersonating speed bumps so she doesn't get
going too fast and have an accident.  This is what we were doing on
Thursday.  We were being especially helpful and vigilant since mom was still
a funny looking green color and kept making frequent trips to the bathroom.

So ... mom first made two cranberry pies (thanks Aunt Sandy ... we really
like the new recipe!)   While those were in the oven, mom mixed up the stuff
to make two pumpkin pies.  Morey, Abby and I got to lick the bowl ... mmmmm
.... pumpkin is VERY good!   Poor Cash and Morgan didn't get any because
they were at Clark's house helping wrap presents.  Mom pushed the pumpkin
pies way back on the counter to protect them from counter-cruisers. Then she
made these very yummy chocolate chess pies (if you are from the south ...
you may know them as black-bottom pies).  They are my two-legged sister's
favorite!  Mom wouldn't let us lick that bowl ... she said chocolate is bad
for us.  She pushed the chocolate pies back near the pumpkin pies, waiting
for the oven to be free.

Then ... mom had one of those emergency runs to the bathroom again.  She was
only gone for 2 minutes ... honest ... but a miracle happened in those two
minutes.  That chocolate pie levitated to the floor ... with a little help
from Super Cruiser Morey.  When mom came back to the kitchen she said "OH
^%!@#$$!"  We all looked up at her in perfect innocence ... the only problem
was that we all had chocolate all over us and Morey was standing in the pie
plate (he was holding it still for Abby and me).  Morey had chocolate from
his toenails to the top of his head!   Mom was not happy!  She called one of
my vets and asked him about whether she had to make us barf up the chocolate
... all he said was "Was that MY chocolate pie?"  ... but no ... we got to
keep the chocolate pie in our tummies :-) !!!  After mom washed us off and
dad mopped the floor (we had cleaned it all up but he is a perfectionist),
we were banished to our crates until the pies were baked and safely stored!

Later I barfed a little chocolate pie on mom's rug (she was not very
sympathetic) and I didn't eat my dinner.  She just said ...."See what
happens when you steal pies!!"   I smell a Honey Baked ham thawing in the
sink ... I wonder how to get to that????

Slurps,

Nick