[Dailydrool] Greetings to Snoopy

Mary Wilson mary.gabriola at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 14:09:30 PST 2020

Miss Paddi B Basset sends her warmest greetings and regards to Snoopy. She
herself turned 16 in July 2020 (there was, needless to add, A PAW-TY,
though her public was unable to attend due to viral concerns.) She wants
Snoopy to know that being 16 is fine. You get to get up whenever you want
-- like, at 1 a.m., and 3, and 4, and they let you out and in again, and
sometimes by 430 you can talk them into giving you breakfast.

It is my belief that because of her cataracts, she doesn't really tell
light from dark any more. What is more natural to a basset than waking up
and wanting breakfast? We're going to talk to the vet on Friday, since
we're both getting a bit haggard.)

Paddi is incredible. She still trots off on her walk and I swear doesn't
look any older than 8-10 when she's doing that. As long as you don't look
close and don't know that the top of her head used to be chestnut coloured,
rather than white. My puppy is not really a puppy any more, but she will
always be my puppy. And both she and I will always think fondly of Snoopy.

Mary, with Paddi B Basset