[Dailydrool] chomper reports!

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 11 09:07:20 PST 2020

Hello from Chomper!!
Snoopy is asleep.  Snoopy is usually asleep.  Sometimes he wakes up ... when he does he typically goes outside and goes potty and then comes inside and DEMANDS a cookie because he just went outside and went potty.  Samantha and I aren't really sure WHY he gets a cookie for going potty ... he ALWAYS goes outside.  WE don't get a cookie when WE go potty and we, too, always go outside.  And so, whenever Snoopy wakes up and goes potty Sam and I run straight to the cookie jar and wait (forever) until the old boy makes he way back and in makes his demands.  We all get a cookie.  Sammy will try to steal the old man's cookie crumbs and man oh man that NEVER goes over well.  He YELLS about that.
Some days Snoopy is more mobile than others.  Yesterday he couldn't make it back up his ramp to get back inside and so momPerson or dadPerson had to go out there and boost up his hind end through the sliding door.  Every time.  This isn't unusual and varies by the day.  If he needs help and no one is there to help he yells for help and they come running.  Today he is fine and running up and down his ramp independently.  Bouncing up and down the hall like a bunny rabbit (when he runs he uses both of his back legs as one leg and "bunny hops")  momPerson scheduled him a laser for lunchtime today.  Couldn't hurt.
Word on the street is that Natalie will be home tonight for Shabbat.  It's the second night of Hanukkah so she will probably show up for all the treats.  There are a LOT of treats at Hanukkah ... we can't have all the chocolate but the clueless momPerson DOES feed us the jelly filled donut holes (shhhhh, don't tell our vet) and the latkes (shhhhhhh) and also we have half a dozen different kinds of dog treats on the counter which are handed out at random ... rabbit and goose and lamb and salmon ... all kinds of exotic treats.
Samantha has never celebrated Hanukkah before and it SHOWS oh boy it SHOWS.  This is my second Hanukkah so I'm a pro.
Goodbye from Chomper who needs to go because Snoopy just woke up and headed out back and I want my TREAT!!