[Dailydrool] Goodbye from Snoopy

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 17 14:33:10 PST 2020

Hi all, it's Snoopy here,
But not for long, no, not much longer at all.  I have an appointment, at 8AM tomorrow morning.  I've been packing.  It's quite a trip down memory lane ... I found LuLu's lambie and all Gracies rabbits.  There's a picture of me standing on the kitchen table, my OEBE, Curator of missing objects Certificate ... the blankie my Auntie Wen had made for me, and the plaque she sent for my Bark Mitzvah, all the poems from Natalies summer camp days (my Natalies gone, it's been so long, I can't go on, my Natalie's gone), indestructible squeakers which I destroyed, there's a lot of stuff to sort through.
I've been on the drool for almost 10 years, it will be a decade next month. My poor momPerson was completely clueless .... she had a lab, named Cyrus, and pulled me at the shelter to keep him company.  Figured I'd be just like Cyrus, only shorter. It was ... shall we say, interesting.  Over the last 10 years she's been through any number of bassets as fosters (some failures) and she's actually figured out a thing or two about hound dogs.  It turns out the woman is trainable after all.
As for me I'm 15 1/2 and my glaucoma and my kidney failure and the fact that my hip bridge is about to collapse (and has partially) and my spinal issues and my high blood pressure have all combined to make it nearly impossible to make it through the day.  There are a LOT of medications and a LOT of boosting and so forth as I cannot make it back up my ramp anymore and over the last week or two my crooked front leg has started to give out and I face plant on regular intervals.  I mostly stay in my bed and hope I don't have to go pee .... but I do ... I have to pee a LOT because I drink gallons because of the kidneys so I have to go and I drag, scoot, stumble towards the door (don't watch, leave me ALONE) and then I'll try to get back in and somebody has to notice and come running or I'll fall a couple times trying before I can make it ... it's time folks.  I can't see and everything hurts and nothing does what I tell it to ... I won't play anymore, won't try to squeak a toy given to me, or let Chomper or Samantha mouth me anymore ... it's time ... they tried a laser one more time last Friday but it didn't help this time.  My parents talked to the vet for a real long time on Tuesday ... and so ...
If you wouldn't mind lighting a candle for me Friday, 8am California time that is when the Vet will be sending me to the bridge.
Love n drool from your pal Snoopywith Chomper and Samantha Jane who will surely need some comforting drool.