[Dailydrool] Catching up

Sherrilyn - sherrilyn1 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 28 12:07:19 PST 2020

I came to the Drool in the early 2000s after adopting the hound known as Panama Jacques.
I posted a lot about his antics with the OEBE and BABES, and later about his life in Panama and then Colombia.
I adopted my sweet Isabella from Daphneyland in 2009, thanks to the assistance of Suz Green, who fostered
her until I was able to pick her up en route to my next assignment in Mexico. While in Mexico, I adopted Lola,
who had been bounced around several homes in her first two years and came to me with a lot of demons and
neuroses. The first two years with her were a challenge that I never would have survived had it not been for
all the information I learned over the years from the Daily Drool.

Lola is over 13 now and long past her destructive stage. None of my dogs have ever lived past 13, so I treasure
every moment I have with her. I haven't posted in a long, long time, but still enjoy reading the antics of those
who still regale us with tales of their hounds.

There are so many hounds whose characters became larger than life, thanks to the Drool, and none more so
than Snoopy Rutz. I am bereft to read of his departure for the Bridge and send my deepest condolences to
his family. May his memory be a blessing.

It's been years since I participated in the howliday card exchange, but I decided to join in the fun this year.
It has been a delight to receive so many clever, unique cards. Big thanks to Kacy Green for keeping this
tradition going!

One of the people on the heroes/angels list is my dear mother, Bonnie Richter. She has been hospitalized
four times this year, is suffering from Alzheimer's, and is bedridden. She always loved my hounds and even
went to the Michigan Waddle one year with me. The last time I saw her was in October 2019, when I was
passing through Ohio on my move from MD to AZ. She was a little forgetful but alert then. When I left, she
wailed that she'd never see me again. I pooh-poohed her concerns since it would just be a short plane ride
to go back and visit her whenever I wanted. We had no idea what 2020 had in store for the world or her health.
Anyway, I thought she would enjoy seeing bassets, so if you were wondering why that name was on the list and
whether you should send her a card, I ask that you please do. To those who have sent her cards, thank you very much!

Happy Howlidays to all!
Sherrilyn