[Dailydrool] Samantha Update

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 7 11:05:09 PST 2020

Hi it's Dale,
Oh my, this little girl is just a gem.  She adores Chomper and she even seems to like Snoopy.  Chomper REALLY, REALLY wants her to wrestle and run with him and she cannot quite yet but they do some gentle play bows and nuzzling, they both can't wait.  Snoopy is very, very nice to her ..... he nuzzles her and rubs all the way past her like he does Chomper.  So far (it's been 6 days) she has yet to steal anything, chew anything, or snarl at anyone or anything.  She goes potty outside.  She allows all handling (even ears, teeth and feet) and she will demand pets if you ignore her.  If you lay down and snuggle her she will press her whole head into your chest and watch you melt. Those legs are a little long and that snooter is a little short, so I suspect something (maybe boxer) was in the woodpile, doesn't matter. She is simply gorgeous, she even has a lace ear.  If you want a picture, email dalerutz at sbcglobal.net.  I'll update dalerutz.com soon too.  Her attitude is all basset.
Yesterday I got up the nerve to clean her ears.  Vet wanted them cleaned but she has been through 2 surgeries and I wanted to give her a few days to chill here.  So, yesterday I cleaned her ears.  She did NOT approve, but she is a good girl so while she struggled she never threatened me.  Hilariously, the very second I got done she jumped up, RAN for the cookie jar and literally stamped her foot at me.  Pay up, lady!!  I was eating an apple and she demanded her share.  Same with my Avocado. And my carrot.  ALL Basset in that regard.
This morning I was gaming (well, I'm WFH and I work for PlayStation so gaming counts as working) and Chomper & Samantha were sharing the couch.  I was deep into this battle when Samantha jumped up off the couch and ran out of the living room, through the kitchen and out the dog door.  I paused the game and peaked out the window to see her squat, pee, poop, and then head back for the dog door.  Question .... if your foster goes potty outside without prompting, using the dog door, and nobody notices, are they still a good dog??  She came back in and went into the kitchen by the cookie jar and stamped her foot and demanded a potty cookie.  I'm SERIOUS.
Still no word on the mass.  Surgery report was scary (lots of blood supply to and fro).
Thanks for all the drool.  Please keep it coming, this sweet little girl deserves a long happy life.
thanks,Dal