[Dailydrool] samantha update

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 10 06:12:23 PST 2020

Hi it's Dale,
Well its a good news/bad news kind of thing.
Bad News:  The kiwi sized mass which was hanging externally and had well established blood supply to and fro was cancer.Good News:  Margins were clean when the mass was removed.  Xrays show no spreading of disease.
So, we did a full blood panel and heartworm test.  Presuming those come back fine she will be available for adoption.
Samantha is a very good girl.  When she doesn't have the blow up collar on she is much more reliable then when she doesn't.  If she has the collar on she will run to the back door and if you don't get there instantly she might pee.  If she doesn't have the collar on she will just run outside through the dog door and do her thing.  I am SO ready to ditch the collar BUT if I don't have eyes on her I'm still not comfortable because the thing about incisions, at 8-10 days post op, it REALLY itches and while incisions are pretty much closed it isn't strong enough yet and a dog can pretty quickly do some serious damage.  Today is day 10.
Chomper has been really, really, really, really patient .... he gently nibbles her ears ..... sometimes he looses patience and tries chasing her.  Last night on her bed (Natalies bed) when I was putting Samantha to bed she playbowed and Chomper was SO thrilled and I let them play around on the bed for a few minutes before I made him get down and settled her down to sleep.  She is such a good girl.  She won't let me lay her down but if I lay down she will snuggle me and lay down in the process.  She likes to press her face into my chest (or Gregs) and she likes go be covered with a blankie.  Once she is settled we can leave the room and leave the door open and she will stay in bed till morning, won't get down until I come and get her for breakfast.
Thanks for all the drool.  It helped.
--Dale