[Dailydrool] The Bed

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 13 10:01:46 PST 2020

Hi!  It's Samantha,
the bed, the bed, the bed, oh boy is it a BIG bed it's HUGE and it's soft and firm at the same time ..... my 2 legged sister says it's a "boujee" bed what whatever it is .... wow!!!  There are doggie stairs going up to that mile high bed ..... even with my long legs I cannot get way, way up there without the stairs.  Snoopy is well past using the stairs his royal highness is gently lifted in when he decides it is time (he paws the side rails) and gently lifted out upon command (he howls real soft).  Chomper scampers up those stairs and onto that bed and down those stairs and back off of that bed whenever he wants.  And then there's me.  Poor little ugly step child they make fun of my legs and they make me eat separately and they won't let me sleep with them in that bed.  Well, Snoopy won't.  The first week I went along with it, I slept in Natalies room.  Then one night I moved to the couch.  I've tried to get in there but Snoopy HOWLS at the very TOP of his lungs if I try to come up those stairs at bedtime he says ABSOLUTELY NOT.  I don't know why I am a good girl, I am sweet and we bump noses and walk shoulder to shoulder on our walks and greet each other joyfully the rest of the time but at mealtime and at bedtime Snoopy insists I be kept "separate".  Night before last I cried about it so Chomper & mommy came and slept with me in Natalie's room ... mommy left in the middle of the night but Chomper stayed.  Then last night they .... they shut the door and made me stay in there by myself.  I didn't bark or cry or anything .... I just gave up and went to sleep on Natalies bed .... all alone in that room by myself.
In other news my stitches are all healed up and I have my own web page now:  https://www.ggbassetrescue.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=15366837
You should browse to me, while I am still up.  A family applied to adopt me yesterday.  My VERY own family where they say I can sleep on ALL the beds.  They promised to walk me 3x a day and give me run of the house and all 3 people will be mine, mine, mine, mine.  If they like me.  I mean, how could they not I'm perfect!  Also .... they .... they HAD a basset/boxer mix .... and they lost him in August and they've been heartbroken ever since and I .... I'm a basset/boxer mix!!  Can you believe it?
Bye from Samantha who is excited and hopeful