[Dailydrool] Attempted Murder

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 25 08:14:33 PST 2020

Hi all, Snoopy here,
Well I still can't believe it.  Samantha seems so sweet.  She is a very lovey girl, huggy and kissy and she is very deferential and we get along great, which is why I can't understand why she tried to kill me.  But, she DID!!
There I was sound asleep next to dadPerson in the big bed.  All Cozy.  I went to bed VERY early and got the spot between the pillows!  I almost never do that, usually I come to bed at midnight or later, paw at the side boards on the bed to wake them up and someone gets out of bed and boosts me up.  By then the only spot left is at the foot of the bed where I snuggle up under my blankie.  But, once in a while I will follow my dadPerson off to bed at 9 or 9:30 and snuggle up with him and get the best spot.  If I do that Chomper takes a spot butt to butt with me in the middle of the bed where he can still touch momPerson and dadPerson and me.  Which is where we all were because Samantha had decided to stay up very late watching TV with my two legged sister.  In the wee hours of the morning my two legged sister went to sleep and Samantha decided to come to bed.
Well, Samantha is very snuggly.  Apparently she decided that because she doesn't take up any room, at ALL, once she is all curled up, she could jump up where ever she wanted.  Now, I have to tell you I have NO idea how she does this, she can curl up in the tiniest possible space, she doesn't need any room at all to lie down but she DOES need a place to land when leaping way way up onto the big bed from the floor, especially in the pitch black dark.
AND THAT PLACE IS NOT DIRECTLY ON SNOOPY!!!!
I awoke to being pounded by a flying Samantha, she nailed me with all 4 paws, it was a body shot .... I SCREAMED ... everybody woke up .... even my two legged sister came RUNNING from her bedroom ... momPerson turned the lights on, I was terrified, I didn't know what happened at first ..... I was screaming and momPerson was cradling my head and telling me it was going to be alright and dadPerson was trying to figure out if I was punctured or broken in some way and my two legged sister was yelling.  Chomper stayed right there by my side, pressed into me, looking very worried.  Samantha vanished.  In shame.
Well as it turned out I was uninjured and we all settled down and went back to sleep and when we came out in the morning for breakfast Samantha was on the couch looking very sheepish so I trotted over there and gave her a kiss and told her it was ok, it might have been an accident.  Maybe.
More later from Snoopy who was nearly killed