[Dailydrool] another tip for stealing treats

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 16 17:42:03 PST 2020

this is Mila, the well behaved basset sister in Hawaii, I.e. not Mariah.  I have a neat trick for getting extra treats.  when treats are dispensed, the humans give us each one.  Mariah and I both gobble ours down without spilling a crumb.  But my notabasset sister, IPo, (pit mix), hasn’t mastered that skill. she bites down on a treat, and one morsel stays on her tongue and two morsels fall out of either side of her mouth onto the floor.  (she should chew with her mouth closed).  left to her own devices, she then reaches down eventually and cleans up the morsels on the floor one by one.  but I don’t leave her to her own devices.  First, I inhale my own treat in record time, and then I run right beside Ipo with my head under Ipo’s lower jaw.  I catch the morsels falling out the sides of her mouth before they even touch the floor. Mom says I’m lucky Ipo lets me do this, which she pretty much always does—unless she has an avocado, in which case IPo. Will bite any other dog who comes anywhere near her.  Mila of Hawaii, who double dips.  Hi Snoopy.