[Dailydrool] Last month's $5 Friday and a $2 Tuesday

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Sun Jan 19 13:48:50 PST 2020

I wanted to report to you that we amazingly raised very close to $4500 for
House of Puddles in our January $5 fundraiser!  What a great way to start
the New Year!  Thanks so much to everyone who donated!

This coming Tuesday, the 21st, we are doing a $2 Tuesday which is kind
of a surprise or emergency fundraiser for a single or a couple of hounds'
medical expenses.  Mr. Ed with BAGS BR got pancreatitis - what was not
known initially was that he had kidney disease and the pancreatitis put him
Into acute kidney failure which can sometimes be reversed.  Sadly, in this
case it could not and on the day that Maribeth, the director and foster mom for
Mr. Ed, thought she was bringing him home, she ended up having to send
him to the Bridge.  She and the rescue are devastated as he was only 8 yrs.
old.  So now they have a big fat vet bill and no Mr. Ed.   Our goal is $1500
which is the outstanding balance on his vet bill after a $1200 discount from
the vet - he was in the hospital for several days.  We’d love to do even more
as some of their hounds have ongoing medical issues but just getting this
one bill paid off or at least mostly paid off would be a big help.

PayPal donations to debbiesdawgs at icloud.com or check donations can
be sent directly to the rescue at BAGS c/o Walker. 3555 Anderson Ave.
Minerva OH 44657.  Although Tuesday is the official fundraising day we
take donations at any time Any donations received this coming week will
be assumed to be for BAGS so be sure to mark your donation if it is for
another purpose.

Thanks so much to those of you who have supported us in our efforts
to help the rescues with the senior expenses.  Next month we will be
our 6th anniversary and we will be beginning our 7th year of fundraising!
Who knew?

In 2019 we raised just over $50,000 with our $5 Fridays alone. We
raised another $8000 in $2 Tuesdays and sent out 28 beds to seniors in
rescue, some of whom had never had a bed of their own before.  I don’t
know how many bags of treats, jars and bags of supplements, blankets,
toys, bottles of ear wash, eye drops and who knows what else were sent
to seniors in rescue. There are so many ways to help!  Even if all you donate
is $5 you can be a part of making a difference.  Please make a resolution to
join us and help us have an even better year.  We help the rescues have
the ability to rescue that next senior and to give the one they just got in
that chance at having a loving family whether they have to stay in rescue
or can be adopted out.  It is the most you will ever get out of giving $5!

Wishing you a happy and healthy new year,

Donna, drool fueler for Maggie and YaYa