[Dailydrool] Avocados

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 28 08:06:17 PST 2020

It’s avocado season at our house. We have a tree full of fruit this year. When Speedy was around, doG help the soul who dare try to take his avocado. It was the only time I ever saw him curl his lips. Rambo used to help Speedy pick the avocados by jumping the retaining wall and pulling the low hanging fruit and dropping it to the lower part of the yard. When I saw that I knew Rambo and Speedy planned things together. One year Speedy ate so many avocados he looked like a muscle builder. Even my best friend commented on the fact that Speedy looked like he was on steroids.

Duncan loves avocados too but he is much nicer about it than Speedy. Rambo lets him have the first avocado but we feel bad and give Rambo one too if there isn’t another fruit that falls. Since the DH is allergic to avocados and the girls don’t like them it’s usually me and the boys that enjoy this time of year. That is about as much drama we get from avocado season here - makes me miss Speedy though.

Nancy with Duncan and Rambo the Shar Pei
speedsterbasset at yahoo.com