[Dailydrool] 3 Hounds at the Vet

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 14:12:03 PDT 2020

When we had 4 Bassets, we took 2 hounds at a time for their annual veterinary appointments.  With MacKenzie gone, we decided to take all 3 together.  We loaded up the ancient Element  (“4 Hounds”) with the 3 hounds and Guinness’ wheels.  Guinness howled the entire trip to the vets office.  We were immediately put in a room, where he continued to howl, whine, and moan. He decided it was fun to back up with his wheels, especially if there were toes in the way.  Gallagher is 12 with a heart murmur that we are watching.  We learned today that he has the same “Stomatitis” condition that his cousin Guinness has.  With his age and heart murmur, no surgery is recommended.  Mulligan has had a little cough lately.  X-rays, indicate that she likely has pneumonia so is now on antibiotics.  The vet bill, while not small, was substantially smaller than expected. Trupanion even paid the vet directly for most of Guinness’s treatment meds. It was a nice quiet ride home.  When I opened the bag of medicines and ear cleaning products, I found MacKenzie’s collar and leash and the tears flowed again.

Sent from my iPad