[Dailydrool] From the Confused Desk

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 05:04:31 PDT 2020

This is Merta Lou, Intrepid Girl Professional Basset who is confused and
demoralized and worried all at once. Here's the deal:
The big dog, with whom I live and (secretly) like is getting all the lovin
lately and I get the scraps. There I said it aloud. Well not aloud but you
know...
So we go outside you know? Daytime fine everything is great (usually) but
come evening he gets...how can I say this....scared. Come evening he goes
on full alert and this makes me really nervous until I see Her coming out
too, and I know She will watch him so I can go check for bears and
wolverines.
If there is a loud noise--even a car door slamming on the street--- he goes
running in the house and hides in his crate.
And at night there are always bangs and pops and booms with what She
calls...well I cannot put everything she calls them-- "fireworks". Usually
nothing big but there he is shaking and drooling with his ears flat and his
eyes huge and not listening to anything anyone tells him and so she gives
him little round white treats which he doesn't seem to want but I would
take in a second if he shakes it out of his mouth-- and he sleeps on her
bed (I am NOT ALLOWED!!!) and she talks to him and pets on him and then
tells me some story about how she loves me as much as ever but he is in
trouble and I am not and what kind of poppycock is THAT?
So anyway I have been looking at the Drool and think maybe Snoopy's house
would like another girl Basset or perhaps Mariah's house in Hawaii because
I don't know about things here...
Love and Cuddles
Wear Those Masks you silly Humans!
Merta Lou, Disappointed Girl Basset.