[Dailydrool] NICK'S ADVENTURES - A Knick on my Nose

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Sun Jun 21 16:14:48 PDT 2020

Hi Everybody -- Nick Here!

Oooohhhhh ... I have not had a good day!  Today when Dad got home from work
he put all of us bassets out in the back yard.  The Queen Mother, Miss
Abigail, was    sunning her royal hiney .. er highness .. in the mulch.  Us
boys were just sort of milling around.  Well, maybe I was being bossy and
bumped into the other three guys sort of on purpose ... just to let them
know that I am a Pwince ... but I wasn't being mean or anything.  Welllllll
... all of a sudden all three of the other guys "jumped" me.  They started
yelling at me and barking at me and BITING me!!!!  Morey had hold of my back
leg, Morgan had my left ear, and Cash had my whole head in his mouth!!!
Wellll ... I yelled for Dad to come rescue me!!!!  Geeezzzz ... these guys
were acting like a bunch of teenagers looking for trouble!  Dad came outside
and yelled at everybody to "cut it out" and we all got put in "time-out".
Then dad checked us all out to be sure no one was hurt or bleeding!  I told
him my feelings were hurt and that was terrible!

When mom got home, she checked us all out again.  Everybody else was fine
(of course they were ... I was the victim!)  ... but she found a little
knick on my handsome nose.  So she cleaned it off with some bubbly stuff and
kissed it a lot.  Mom kisses make everything better :-) !!!   Then she gave
me a lecture about getting "too big for my britches" ... I don't even wear
britches!!!   She told me that even though I am a Pwince, I can't boss the
older boys around without them getting mad at me.  She       reminded me
that even though I am a real Pwince, she is the Top Dog in this Bone Yard!
Well, that's okay with me because she has to go to work and I get to stay
home all day and sleep!!!

Gee ... I hope the knick on my nose is all better by the time I go to the
MBR Fall Fun and Games!!

Slurps,

Nick