[Dailydrool] The Drool and Miss Angela

Kenneth Miller klmiller at rev.net
Mon Jun 29 19:24:02 PDT 2020

Hi All

First off, healing drool for everyone who is in need.

I'm a lurker these days, hate to see the list fading from what it once was. I am also on the Facebook group, and while it is great to see all the lovely hound pictures, the information on this list has over the years, been truly incredible. Finding information on the Facebook pages is a much scarcer commodity.

Been pretty quiet on the Drool for sometime. I’ve not had a lot to say or comment, since I had to send my Bosley to the Bridge in November 2015. I find it incredible that it will be five years this fall, and 18 years since my first boy Edsel had to leave.

I was looking at my email file, and still have virtually all Daily Drool digests back to when I first joined in 2004. I really miss the Drool of the older days, sometimes it was 2-3 digests a day, now we have one, usually with a single post. Times change, sadly.

On seeing Elizabeth’s post about Miss Angela, it reminded me of all the adventures on the Drool over the years, so many names and hounds now departed.

I really loved Bill’s posts on Miss Angela, and truly did miss them, and many others that simply went away. I just did a search and found Bill seemed to have stopped posting in 2014.

I find it a great thing to feel a loss of a person or hound on the list that, in virtually all likelyhood, you never met. But it is a wonderful bond we have between us, friends and family, just not close enough to know personally, but you sure feel like you've at least known a part of the person.

I wish I could have a hound, it has been too quiet without the presence of one, but my back is bad, and bending over to deal with a hound, or lifting one up in a vehicle makes me cautious, and I am still working, and working all kinds of odd hours too.

Please stay safe, healthy and please, share some great stories, we are out here reading!

Best to all

Ken and Beth

With Bosely (ATB) 11-6-15 and Edsel (ATB) 9-20-02