[Dailydrool] Dear Maggie

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 2 09:31:41 PST 2020

Hi Maggie, Snoopy here!
Why the very same thing happened to me, I was 13 1/2 when it hit ..... one morning momPerson looked at my face and said nope .... that's wrong, absolutely not and called the opthomologist and they squeezed me in and the pressure was 72!!!  As you know they want to see under 20 and they said that 72 feels like a limb got cut off!  OUCHY!!
They "neutralized" the eye with the off the charts pressure because they couldn't control the pressure with drops.  They chose to neutralize it because I have high blood pressure and they didn't want to have to put me under!
Fast forward 14 months and I'm doing really good, I get drops 2x daily in my good eye so that one doesn't get sick.  I get dry eye and steriod drops in the blind eye because the Dr said, momPerson is clueless but we do what the Dr says.
It'll be OK Maggie!  I'm gonna be 15 in June and I'm just the dickens!  The Dr called yesterday about my kidney failure .... I was diagnosed with early stage kidney failure in December.  Now the Dr says the numbers are exactly the same and that the cause may be my high blood pressure.  If so, and we control the blood pressure with pills (and we do) then the kidney failure may not progress, or may progress VERY VERY slowly.  That sounds good to us.
Take care Maggie!  Milk this for all the cookies you can!
Love n drool from your pal Snoopy