[Dailydrool] Pee collectors

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 14 21:18:28 PDT 2020

Many years ago my mother had a diabetic dog, and back then we were required to bring in weekly pee samples for quite a while to make sure the insulin doses were working well.  we took a plastic half-cup measuring cup (the kind that come in a set with a hole in the lip to facilitate it hanging with a bunch of larger and smaller measuring cups) and wired it through the handle hole to a straightened out wire coat hanger.  Nifty and slender,  we maneuvered the cup under the dog (like Pam’s ladle) on walks.  The device was unobtrusive enough so as not to bother the dog (who was suspicious and easily embarrassed)  but quite effective.  still, my mother’s small dog was a male, and he lifted his leg, so the maneuvering was much less complicated than it would have been for a female.