[Dailydrool] Getting pee

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 14:50:35 PDT 2020

I can't say that my method is better than Dale's, but I often have had
success. I have a ladle that is only used for this purpose. When I take a
dog out, I hold onto the ladle and scoot it under the right place when
necessary. Boy dogs are easier to deal with this way, since you have a
portion of the anatomy that clearly points you in the right direction. It
works on girls too, though you may have to pray for a longer urine stream,
since getting it in the right place is more of a challenge.

My vet's office has a cup on the end of a pole that serves the same
purpose, but none of my hounds have been impressed with it. More than once,
like poor Merta Lou, they've had to have the needle instead.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets