[Dailydrool] Nick's Adventures are back!

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Sun Mar 22 19:15:16 PDT 2020

Since everyone is going a little stir crazy with all the drama going on, I
decided it is time to dig out some oldies but goodies.  For the new people,
this is a series of stories written by my dog Ch. Red Bay Father Christmas,
CGC as a series of posts on the Daily Drool.  I was simply his typist . this
boy really talked.  Nick became very popular and eventually his stories were
compiled into 3 books which were sold to benefit Michigan Basset Rescue.
So here goes . from the very beginning when Nick was just a puppy.  I hope
this brings back good memories and that the new people enjoy the view of
life from the eyes of my boy.

Hi, I'm Nick!

My full name is Red Bay Father Christmas but my friends call me Nick.  I am
a basset hound . the noblest dog in the world.  I have long floppy ears, big
feet, sad eyes and the almost best nose in the whole world.  My brother and
sisters and I were born on Christmas Day, so our human moms gave all of us
Christmas names.  My brother's name is Red Bay Fa-La-La and we call him
Decker.  My sisters are Red Bay Festive Holiday (Holly), Red Bay Familiar
Carols (Carrie), Red Bay First Noel (Noel), and Red Bay Fancy Ribbons
(Fancy).  I know those names sound silly, but we like them.  When my brother
and sisters and I were babies we all lived together and had lots of fun.  We
played and barked at each other and slept in a puppy pile.  Now that we are
growing up, we all live in different places but we sometimes get together
for a family reunion.  I live in Michigan with my Uncle Jesse, Uncle Cash,
Cousin Morey and Aunt Abigail.  We also have a human mom and dad.

I have a big, fenced backyard to play in.  There are squirrels to chase,
birds to bark at, and bugs to push with my nose.  I have pretty trees to
look at and I used to have flowers too, but I ate them.  Those are the
things that dogs like to do.  Like most basset hounds, I spend my days
taking naps and playing.  You have to take lots of naps when you play as
much as I do.  Whenever I do or learn something new, I call it an adventure.
I have lots of adventures.  I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures as
much as I enjoy having them.

Slurps,

Nick