[Dailydrool] Dog Treat Recipe

Val vastrand at comcast.net
Mon Mar 30 14:31:23 PDT 2020

Since I asked for recipes I need to put mine out there. My dogs love
them, but then I can't rely on their opinion too much, they will eat
anything.

Easy Homemade Snack is a Treat for PoochesIngredients
1 	egg

1 	mashed banana

1/3 	cup smooth peanut butter* (low sodium is a healthier choice for
	pets)

1 	tsp honey

1 	cup whole wheat flour

½ 	cup rolled oats

1 	egg white, lightly beaten, for brushing (optional)

Directions
Preheat oven to 300ºF.

Lightly beat the egg then mix in the peanut butter, mashed banana and
honey. Blend thoroughly. Add the flour a little at a time, until mixture
is evenly combined.

Turn out the dough on a floured board and roll until ¼ inch thick. Using
a cookie cutter of your choice, a biscuit cutter or the rim side of a
glass, cut the dough into desired shape. Brush tops with egg white
(optional).

Place cookies on a lightly greased baking sheet or one fitted with a
silpat silicone baking sheet liner.

Bake cookies for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. (Cook time will vary
based on size of your cookie. Bake less for smaller cookies, more for
larger cookies.)

Cool cookies on a wire rack. Leaving them out overnight will produce a
crunchier cookie. Storing them in a sealed container will keep the
cookies softer.

Val Strand  vastrand at comcast.net