[Dailydrool] Pat Stories - Nighttime Mischief at a Dog Show

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Mon Mar 30 13:41:18 PDT 2020

Pat Stories - Nighttime Mischief at a Dog Show

This is one of those "sworn to secrecy stories".

Pat and I frequently went to shows by ourselves (leaving Craig at home). It
was always fun and sometimes bordering on "Do you think we will get
arrested?".

There is a particular show in Troy Ohio that we went to alone. Whenever we
were there, we always saw this itty-bitty trailer there with one little old
man and his little yappy dog staying in the trailer. We always laughed about
how small the trailer was and that we could probably lift it up and wheel it
around. This discussion went on for years.

Then one night ... with a few too many scotch and waters in us ... Pat said,
"LET'S DO IT"!

So we tucked our dogs into bed and waited until about 2 AM when everything
was very quiet and no one was out walking dogs. We went down to the trailer,
unplugged his electricity and very quietly and slowly turned the trailer
around 180 degrees. We reconnected the electricity and then we crept away
under cover of night.

We got up at 6 AM ... way early for us ... so we could watch what happened
next. About 6:15 AM the trailer door opened and the little yappy dog exited
on the end of a Flexi. Then the little old man came out ... and looked
around. I swear he had a BIG question mark over his head in one of those
cartoon speech balloons. He turned around and looked at his trailer. Then he
walked all the way around the trailer. He looked up and down the road at the
other campers. Clearly he was perplexed. In the meantime, the little dog did
its business and was ready for breakfast. They went back in the trailer.
Every 5 minutes, for the next hour, the little old man would open the door
and peer out.

Pat and I had to change our clothes ... from laughing so hard. The next
year, the little old man chained his trailer to a tree and put wheel chocks
under the wheels.