[Dailydrool] NICKS' S ADVENTUES - 4th of July

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Mon Mar 30 13:37:01 PDT 2020

Hi Everybody - Nick Here!

I have been sooooo busy lately . mom is making me work every day now.  She
keeps making me practice that stacking and heeling stuff!   Something about
getting ready for a dog show!   But we took some time out today to have a
4th of July Party!!

Mom invited Granny Pat to come over and bring my sisters to play with me.
Noel, Holly, Fancy and I played and played so hard that we nearly collapsed.
We revived ourselves when Mom started cooking hamburgers on the grill . we
were sure they were for us!  I got so excited that I fell over backwards
into the water bowl.  It was cold too!   I wish I would have thought of that
on a hot day.  My sisters laughed at me but I told them that I meant to do
it.

After the people all ate, Mom and Granny Pat put those awful collars and
leads on me and my sisters.  They made us walk around and around and around
for about 10 hours.  The only good thing is that we got pieces of hotdog
when we walked without doing our bucking bronco imitations and stacked
without getting jelly-bones.  Finally, it got dark and we had to quit.  Our
neighbors put on a big fireworks display.  We all watched from our crates
and we weren't even scared at all!  I wanted to hold a sparkler  but Mom was
afraid I would burn my paw . geez Mom is no fun sometimes!

Slurps,

Nick