[Dailydrool] Saying goodbye

Kara Carpenter frknhippie at yahoo.com
Fri May 8 08:36:25 PDT 2020

 I am long time lurker, since about 2008 or so I think.  Tuesday I am saying goodbye to my fellas, Rooney and Fitz, brothers who are under a month shy of their 14th birthdays.  I've never had to make this call before, and I haven't been without a basset in my life since I was in third grade (and I am almost 40, not sure when that happened!?).  The decision has been a long time coming but that doesn't make it any easier.  And although I feel a little silly for grieving as hard as I am, I am devastated.  In 13+ years we have been through a lot of changes and challenges.  With everything else that goes on in the world, the boys have always been a constant source of joy and comfort and I don't know what I'll do without them.  At the risk of being a Debbie Downer, I just had to express this to some folks that would understand, and I also wanted to thank you all.  Thank you for sharing your stories, experiences, and advice over the years.  A special thanks to Bev who even called me a few years back to counsel me when Rooney started having seizures.  Please give your babies an extra hug and treat for Rooney and Fitzy, and maybe if you can send some virtual good vibes my way because I am not okay.  Thank you all <3
Kara, Rooney & Fitz (Rascal Rooney & Elliott Fitzgerald, born June 1, 2006)
"Everyone thinks they have the best dog.  And none of them are wrong"  --WR Purche