[Dailydrool] NICK'S ADVENTURES - Having My Tonsils Out

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Tue May 12 16:10:26 PDT 2020

Hi Everybody - Nick Here!

I have been very busy lately.  I have had a sore throat and mom took me to
see Dr. Bob and he said I had to have my tonsils out on Friday. At 9:00 PM
o'clock on Thursday night mom gave me a dish of ice cream and then picked up
my water bowl.  I thought she had just forgot to refill it at first  . ...
but NO!  I couldn't have ANYTHING to eat or drink.  By 6:00 AM o'clock on
Friday I was DYING of thirst ... I kept running to the sink to tell mom but
she just kept saying "No, Nick."

Then we got in the van and went to see Dr. Ross (Dr. Bob was off).  I LOVE
Dr. Ross ... he rubs my ears and talks REALLY nice to me.  But then the most
awful thing happened ... MOM LEFT ME!  At first I was scared, but Dr. Ross
loved on me and all these human girls kept giving me belly rubs.  Then Dr.
Ross came and put me on this table and he stuck me with a needle.  I was
very brave  . I didn't even cry ... and HE TOOK MY BLOOD!  At first I
thought he was going to take it all,  but he only took a little bit.  He
also looked in my throat and took my temperature.  Now that temperature
thing is VERY RUDE . really ... putting things in someone's behind!

Pretty soon mom came back and then, Dr. Ross stuck me with another needle
and I felt really sleepy.  I fell asleep with mom holding my head.  Next
thing I knew, Mom and Granny Pat were petting me and telling me it was time
to wake up.  My throat was really sore and my head felt funny.    Dr. Ross
said my tonsils were gone and I just needed to take some more medicine to
get well.  I was glad to come home and get a drink and eat some cottage
cheese and ice cream. I won't eat my dog food.  Mom says I am being a brat
(what is a brat?)  but I give her "the look" and she gives me cottage
cheese.  I hope she doesn't figure out that my throat is feeling better and
that I just want people food.  If she does, I will be in deep trouble and I
think my Frosty Paws will be cut!!

Slurps,

Nick