[Dailydrool] NICK'S ADVENTURES - MY PINWHEEL COLLECTION

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Sat May 16 13:39:23 PDT 2020

i Everybody - Nick Here!

I am rested up today, so I thought I would tell you what I did to mom and
Granny Pat. I don't know about all you other bassets, but at our house all
of us have "collections".  Now these

collections start innocently enough ... something  just catches our big sad
basset eyes and we tell mom "I want that. ....pleeeaaaseeee!".  Mom, being
the softy she really is although she says that she "eats nails and spits
rust", always gives in and a "collection is born".

Abby has a collection of stuffed toys, Morey has a rock collection, Jesse
had a feather collection, and Cash has a Mickey Mouse collection. Well, I
have started my collection too!  I have a pinwheel collection ... and it
started very quietly in May when I observed mom and Granny Pat putting up
all the "basset stuff" ... you know, like a basset wind sock, a basset
welcome sign, a basset flag . at a dog show.  Heck, the inside of the
trailer is even decorated in basset stuff.  Well, I like basset stuff as
well as anybody, but I was getting kind of bored with all of it.  So ...
when I went to mom's work one night with her, I saw these lovely pink
flamingo pinwheels.  They were very cool!  When the wind blows, their wings
go round and round.  Well, I snuck two of them home and got them into the
dog bag.  When Granny Pat and mom weren't looking, I got dad to help me hook
them up to my x-pen.  Boy, were mom and Granny Pat surprised.  Mom said they
looked "tacky" but Holly and I liked them.  Granny Pat said she always
wanted some pink flamingos in here yard but wasn't that brave.  Some other
dogs stopped to look at them and a kid even tried to take one!   How rude!

Then, of course I saw this pretty red and silver pinwheel, and since I AM a
Red Bay, I had to have it.  Then mom was so happy when my ultrasound and
bloodwork came back good, she bought me a MUSICAL pinwheel ... it plays
"It's a Small World After All" .... tooo kewl!  Next I got a Fourth of July
pinwheel. ....it has stars and stripes on it!  Last week when Carroll and
Shelby saw all of my pinwheels, they made mom take them to Toys'R'Us and
they each brought me back a new pinwheel!  Carroll got me a pinwheel with
Happy Faces on it and Shelby got me a pinwheel with kites on it.  Since I
like bugs, mom brought me home a new pinwheel today ... it has Lady Bugs on
it ... I would have preferred lightening bugs ... they're my favorite.  Mom
says that I have 7 pinwheels for 7 points.  When I get more points, I can
get more pinwheels.  I am going to a dog show in Cleveland on Friday
...maybe I will win ... I have my eye on a Fish pinwheel and a Hummingbird
pinwheel.   In fact ... I think I will get a bizillion points so I can have
a bizillion pinwheels.  Do you think that would qualify for the Guiness Book
of World Records?

Slurps,

Nick